Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Introductions

On Monday, Jessie and I met again. Something I'm beginning to realize is that, to her, being on time means at least five minutes early. This occurred to me because as I was walking over for our 1:00 p.m. lunch date at 12:58, I got a text from her asking where I was. I'll make sure that I am earlier next time.

While we both got food a friend of mine joined our table. When Jessie came back she was so excited to get to meet one of my friends. I didn't realize how much of a sign of comfort this was for her. She was honored to meet one of my friends. It showed that I was comfortable with her and that I wanted her to be a more apart of my life.

After my friend left we continued our conversation. Wednesday is the Chinese New Year and we had a long conversation about what that all entails. Because the most important part of the celebration is eating with one's family, she will be skyping her family back in China. This was really cool because we do the same thing with my sister and brother-in-law in Africa. It turns out that some of her friends got to go home for Christmas and brought back some of the Chinese decorations for the Chinese New Year. They will be making traditional Chinese food and celebrating as a group.

I then got to meet Jessie's boyfriend. He was very respectful and was quite shy. When I asked Jessie why she hadn't told me about her boyfriend before she said it was because she is shy. I forget how open we are to all areas of our life and sharing them at the drop of a hat. I must work at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment