Monday, April 4, 2011

I thought I was the one doing the interviews?

We ate with one of Jessie's friends who has already passed the English test today. She needed to interview an american about plastic surgery in younger generations. She was speaking about their use in terms of purely physical and non-medical. The woman was so well put together with her questions and did a great job at asking open-ended questions and letting me steer my answers. She wanted to know if I'd had friends who had these types of surgeries and what I thought of them. It was strange to be on the opposite side of the table so to speak and be the one answering questions rather than giving them. However, the woman did a great job, Chantelle I believe is her american name.

After that we talked about me and Jessie and how our relationship worked. Both Jackie and Chantelle found us slightly amusing as we communicate because it's definitely a dance of spelling, hand gestures, and mispronunciations. I don't mind at all, it's just interesting to watch someone else's reaction to our relationship. I'm still encouraging Jessie to practice hard for her upcoming test. I really want her to get out of the IFL program because I think she's ready for a "normal" classroom experience. She says she's nervous for the grammar portion and that the professor doesn't test them as hard as their actual test is. It also doesn't help that Jessie lost her flashdrive with the practice lectures on it and she can't get a new one. She's still borrowing a friends though and trying hard.

For the summer, Jessie will travel to L.A. before making a stop in South Korea and then back home to China. She won't work or anything, but rather enjoy herself with her family and friends. Something I truly hope to be able to do too.

More later.

B

No comments:

Post a Comment